Manufacturers Group Meeting
27th November 2012, 5.30 - 7.30 pm
Location: Indespension Ltd, Paragon Business Park, Chorley New Road, Horwich, Bolton BL6 6HG
The Guest Speakers for this month will be:
Emmah Karue, Prestige Trademarks. Emmah Karue of Prestige Trademarks will be speaking to us on Trade Mark Law and it's importantance for those in the manufacturing sector. Exploitation of brand names by way of licensing and franchasing. Some of the dangers of franchasing/licensing amd how these could be overcome. Protection of valuable intellectual property rights for businesses from infancy (new businesses) to maturity.
Ann Rimmer, Clock Creative. In this climate manufacturers need to use all the tools in their armour to win business and protect margins. Few are using branding to leverage best value and attract the right customers. This presentation will discuss what branding really is, why it is fundamental to your business success and how to define and harness it.
With over 20 years in the communications industry, the past 13 at the helm of Clock Creative, a multi award winning B2B branding and communications agency, Ann will share insights on how manufacturers can give themselves competitive advantage through their brand.
· We don’t follow the format of other networking groups with a 1 minute pitch or pressure people for referrals.
· We drink tea & coffee and eat good old Pie & Peas while chatting informally.
· We are very friendly and open about improvements we have implemented; funding we have utilized, new technologies, useful suppliers and other benefits, such as, referrals to new clients that will help other attendees increase their bottom line and grow their businesses.
· We make a difference by supporting local charities.
· We are currently a combination of around 40 local manufacturing businesses, which is growing rapidly month on month.
There is a £15 entry fee which is donated to a local charity each month. This month we have John, SafeUK joining us to provide us with an insight into human trafficing and what they are doing to rescue vulnerable women.
If you would like to come along to the Manufacturers Group please contact us to arrange a guest pass. Remember you need to be a manufacturer to attend and we do not allow people to turn up on the night without prior arrangement.