Manufacturers Group Meeting
Tuesday 28th May 2013 5:30-7:30
Location: Indespension Ltd (Indespension Ltd, Paragon Business Park, Chorley New Road, Horwich, Bolton, Lancashire BL6 6HG)
This month we will be focusing on Research and Development and the funding/tax saving opportunities available.
This month’s Guest Speakers:
Laura Duggan & James Greenhalgh (Cowgill Holloway LLP) – Tax specialists Laura and James will talk us through the tax saving opportunities available via the Patent Box Regime and R & D Tax Credits. The Patent Box Regime which was introduced on the 1st April 2013 is part of the Government’s plan to incentivise growth and development for this industry. It can provide an effective corporation tax rate of 10% on profits attributable to patents and other qualifying intellectual property. Combined with improved corporation tax relief for expenditure on Research & Development, these measures aim to make the UK hold the most competitive tax system. Cowgills are a leading full service offering firm of accountants, tax specialists and corporate finance advisers with offices in Bolton, Manchester and Liverpool.
Nick Haigh (PERA Technology) – Nick will be talking about how PERA can help source appropriate funding to pay for R & D projects and the types of services available to support your business. PERA are a leading new product development contractor, working with companies of all sizes from across Europe. They use our in-house resources to boost your business, work together to create innovative ideas, and introduce you to world-class scientists and commercial partners to make your idea a reality.
The Manufacturers Group Meeting Format:
· We don’t follow the format of other networking groups with a 1 minute pitch or pressure people for referrals.
· We drink tea & coffee and eat good old Pie & Peas while chatting informally.
· We are very friendly and open about improvements we have implemented; funding we have utilized, new technologies, useful suppliers and other benefits, such as, referrals to new clients that will help other attendees increase their bottom line and grow their businesses.
· We make a difference by supporting local charities.
· We are currently a combination of 50 local manufacturing businesses, which is growing rapidly month on month.
There is a £15 entry fee which is donated to a local charity each month. This month we will be supporting the Man Vs Mountain Challenge (www.manvsmountain.co.uk) and a few familiar faces to the Manufacturers Group, Mike Cooper, Des Pate, Mark Pollitt and Brandon Pilling. They are 4 of a team of 12 men cycling the 3 highest road passes in the world over the Himalayan mountains to raise cash for Bolton Lads & Girls Club. An amazing challenge that is expected to raise £50K for the club and ensure the disabled young people of Bolton can be integrated with the many activities on offer.
Contact us if you would like to attend.