Manufacturers Group Meeting
Tuesday 30th April 2013 4:30-7:30 pm
Location: Armstrong Point, Swan Lane, Hindley, Wigan WN2 4HD
An event with a title ‘Going Green 2013’ sounds like it would be full of tree huggers and environmentalists talking about saving the planet. You couldn’t be more wrong! This event will give you an insight into reducing your energy costs, not just by a little but possibly down to £0. Sound too good to be true? Armstrong Point is the first zero energy cost business park and Dave Armstrong will be sharing how it’s done.
This evening will also be the launch of the Wigan Manufacturers Group, which will be jointly managed by Gary Sheader and Dave Armstrong (Armstrong Point & Carbon Consultancy Co).
We will have other green businesses with stands on the evening too that will have products to help you reduce your energy costs: Carbon Consultancy Company, Kingspan Environmental, CA Group, Green Deal Results, Remsol Waste & Armstrong Properties.
The event will be sponsored by RBS who will provide the catering and staff to help manage the evening. For those of you that came along to our Access to Finance event last year I am sure you will agree that the girls from RBS were great.
This month’s Guest Speakers:
Dave Armstrong (Armstrong Properties & Carbon Consultancy Co) – Dave will be talking us through how he has reduced his energy costs to £0 at Armstrong Point and will also be demonstrating the technologies he has used to achieve it. Not to be missed if you are tired of looking at your energy bills as fixed costs.
Guy Shorrock (Green Deal Results) – Guy will be talking about the long awaited launch of the government Green Deal program. He will be explaining how government money can pay for your renewable investments.
Reducing your energy costs down to zero and getting the government to pay for it! Yes please!
The Manufacturers Group Meeting Format:
· We don’t follow the format of other networking groups with a 1 minute pitch or pressure people for referrals.
· We drink tea & coffee and eat good old Pie & Peas while chatting informally.
· We are very friendly and open about improvements we have implemented; funding we have utilized, new technologies, useful suppliers and other benefits, such as, referrals to new clients that will help other attendees increase their bottom line and grow their businesses.
· We make a difference by supporting local charities.
· We are currently a combination of 50 local manufacturing businesses, which is growing rapidly month on month.
There is a £15 entry fee which is donated to a local charity each month. This month we have the wonderful Pam Gilligan from Compassion in Action joining us. Pam launched the charity to meet the specific needs of the local people of Wigan who experience difficulty in finding and furnishing accommodation, caused by crisis, vulnerability and personal disadvantage.
If you would like to come along to the Manufacturers Group please contact us to arrange a guest pass. Remember you need to be a manufacturer to attend and we do not allow people to turn up on the night without prior arrangement.